Star Wars Speed Painting Star Wars Speed Painting

Can't give you any stars on the basis that in the end this is an art piece... You would be better off not making a video out of it and just putting the finished piece in the art portal. I agree with one of the below comments that says this would be better off on youtube, i'm not denying it's a good piece but in fairness to the animators on this site i don't feel as though it should get a daily when it's not an animation piece.

The Thirteenth Crusade Finale (Part 4) The Thirteenth Crusade Finale (Part 4)

Watched all of the episodes now, compelling story and a nice ending to the series. Kind of sad that it's over, looked forward to seeing a new episode each morning. Although artstyle wise it's simple, kind of makes up for it due to the creative way that you drew camera angles.

I think my favourite part of the series is the large battle against the infected midway through the series, the way the explosions were animated when the hive was being bombarded was pretty impressive, those episodes had the most impressive animation aswell, a lot going on at once. I still don't like charles though haha, i think it's the way his face is drawn.

The Thirteenth Crusade Ep. 4 (Part 2) The Thirteenth Crusade Ep. 4 (Part 2)

I can't explain why but i hate charles the most out of your main characters, found Mike more interesting than him, kind of wish Charles got killed off instead because he seems less interesting, just my personal opinion though.

The scene with the black 'wolf'? seemed a bit anti climatic, expected something more drawn out instead of it just being shot and killed, was kind of expecting it to be wounded and escape, coming back at a later time when Paul is strong enough to slay it, otherwise it may aswell have been just another white version.

That being said i was still compelled to watch all the episodes thus far so you must be doing something right.

UniversalHeat responds:

Thanks for the critique! Yeah, I made this series a while ago and I'm also starting to notice a lot of its flaws. Hopefully Charles becomes more likable as the series progresses :) Yeah, that whole subplot with the black wolf kinda got dropped, and I really wish I'd written it into having a larger role in the story given how large a role it plays in these two episodes. Anyway, I'm glad you're still watching! Episode 5 is up now: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/660455

Alter Kat Alter Kat

A lot of people are commenting on the age rating so i won't say what's already been said, my main critique is based on the use of the gradient textures, they don't work mainly due to the fact that on things such as the clothing there are wierd shadows and light sources that are given off from the use of gradients that ruins the aesthetic of the outfits, in a way they make the game look old due to the way it brings back memorys of when i was a bit younger and you would see this type of gradient colouring used alot in early flash games and animations.

Personally i would stop using gradients in this manner. One thing that i can see that you did well at is that it plays well as a dress up game which is why i give you 2.5 stars, personally i don't like the physical aesthetic of the drawing style. Music kind of gave me a headache aswell, when i started up the game it seemed super loud through my speakers it scared me.

Lone Wolf Ninja Lone Wolf Ninja

Why aren't there any sound options? slightly annoying.

swishcheese responds:

There is a volume control in bottom right. On top right there is option to turn off sound and sfx.

Poopy Bert Poopy Bert

As far as Flappy bird clones go this one was pretty bad, the hitboxes of the cactuses don't match up with the character... i overlapped a cactus multiple times but did not die? also the game overall is too easy, i could of kept on going continuously after reaching 50 but by that time i had already gotten bored as there was no challenge involved.

The fart sounds got annoying after a while, you should of tryed something more creative overall, although it's just a flappy bird clone i feel as though it was kind of half arsed, try something new with it atleast for example you could of spent more time on the backgrounds or even make a character that doesn't look like garbage. Could of hyped it up more with a decent character design.

Guilt Guilt

The instrumentals seem to overpower vocals a bit, not sure if it's just me but the instruments seem to peak at an unbearable level for me, hurts my ears a bit, if they were taken down a level i feel like it would be more appealing to listen to, your vocals remind me a bit of David Bowie.

Kainé Absolution Kainé Absolution

My opinion is somewhat biased, although i usually hate dubstep i feel this track was tastefully done, Nier is one of my favourite games, hope you consider doing a few more tracks from it.

There were a few tracks from Nier remixed and sold as dlc for Drakengard 3 and they felt as though they butchered the origional tracks to create them... would of preferred them to be remixed like this, they were such a letdown.

FF8: Force Your Way FF8: Force Your Way

Good job, have always loved this song.

JDawg00100 responds:

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it

Tahj Tahj

Good job TP, looks alot better after the extra details were added.

Chibi week Chibi week

I'm in no way a fan of harry potter but i can't deny how impressive the way you painted the rabbit familiar coming out of the book looks.

HienKBull responds:

Oh actually that rabbit wasn't supposed to be here!@@ I had accidentally dropped an watercolor on the background so I had to improvise. It's turn out not as bad as I thought hah:)

eat eat

Good stuff Daker! i like the detailing on the head, with all the wrinkles and folds in the neck.

Daker777NG responds: